Monday, February 22, 2010

Better To Keep Some Things To Yourself

Yesterday I was having some hard Braxton-Hicks contractions, so Husband suggested that we practice what we might do while I'm in labor. As we were standing up rocking back and forth and Husband was rubbing my back, Husband began giving commentary, pretending that he wasn't actually talking to me, but just that I could hear his thoughts.

Husband: (Well, here we are in hour 72 of labor...)

Me: I'd better not be in labor for 72 hours! That's not funny!

H: (Wife no longer has a sense of humor. Things are getting tense in here.)

M: Well, YOU try laboring for 72 hours!

H: (Massages are helping, but my hand is starting to cramp up.)

M: Oh, really? Your hand? Just your hand? Not your entire midsection?

H: (Considering asking doctor to perform the epidural into the back of her head, somewhere above her mouth...)

1 comment:

  1. i think you would get the epidural way before hour 72. Once that kicks it, its smoooth sailing :)

    ReplyDelete