Thursday, February 18, 2010

Here We Go!

Had my 34 week checkup yesterday. All is well with momma and baby.

After the checkup, I had my first painful Braxton-Hicks contractions. They had just been annoying and then uncomfortable before yesterday. Now they're getting more intense.

I had a lot of them. I knew they weren't real labor because they didn't get stronger with time, and also, they were interruptable. They started getting really bad after Foster Son went to bed, so I took a hot bath and that stopped them for a while. Husband sat in the bathroom with me because I didn't want to be alone. Once I got out of the bath, I had a few more contractions, but they weren't as bad.

On top of the contractions, Elise kept her elbow poking into the edges of my hernia. It really, really hurt. I don't understand how sitting with her elbow poking out like that can possibly be comfortable. But she does it nonstop lately.

Oh, and one of my cats unintentionally clawed the crap out of me last night. She left little bits of claw in my skin and Husband had to pull them out with tweezers.

I had a crummy night last night.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had a bad night. We were taught to tell mommas to drink lots of water if they're having lots of Braxton-Hicks. I don't know if it works, but it will certainly keep you hydrated (and peeing).

    ReplyDelete